Monday, July 9, 2007

L'esprit de l'escalier ..



translates to..:stairway wit..

yes..I know who a polyglot is..

no.. I am not one... my colloquial vocabulary is limited to english,hindi,tamil, bonjour and merci..

yes.. the title did rise as a series of sounds in my throat and died before reaching the lips..

no..I obviously didnt know what it meant till I looked up the translation..

and no..it doesnt include showcasing of sarcasm while climbing stairs..

in layman terms..jus means being dumbed down in a particular situation and thinking up of smartass retorts once it s too late..

thought I was the only one who went through this thought process..thought somethin was wired wrong in my head alone.. and went about mighty glad bout the whole thing..

lets face it..I am not a genius.. not even close to it..I wont be the seventh person to understand einstein s theory of relativity nor can I conjure up a Springfield though I would like to believe otherwise..

eccentric..?maybe.. its a relative term anyway..

barring a few exceptions of course.. basic human nature.. ?to prove the point of being totally different from others.. why else would i still get to watch constantly revamped episodes of The Guinness World Records from god knows when till now...

I am but human... talents if any still prefer to remain latent in my case however..

I took to thinking about what I think and whether the others did that too..(come to think of it .. it is difficult in its own way..)

naa that s not possible.. I am different...! pretty convinced with myself too till L'esprit de l'escalier came along and proved that there is more to French than jus the kiss and Moulin Rouge...

present line of thought...while walkin down the road or travellin whats that urge sometimes to observe or talk to a particular stranger...?do others have it too..?

and by the way..do others revel in self deprecating humor as much as I do..?

4 comments:

Petrichor Diaries Inc. said...

Thats what i call a "just-before-to-sleep-blog" ...
Kewl Mme..

And of course, there are individuals with "traitistic" differences.. and I hope many would definitely fit into your category of description!!

Love your writing script :)
Great going Mme :)

archana said...

:-)..

Anonymous said...

Good one !! I am impressed by the flow of ideas-- not stopping anywhere.. Good work !!

Unknown said...

umm...yeah... tht weird urge to talk to someone we dont even know does occur.. its human nature i guess...curiosity to know about someone we didnt know existed till tht moment must be a reason i guess.. anyways..